A European king has a lot on his plate dealing with family issues and an ensuing revolt within his kingdom. Plenty of comic melodrama follows as the king's family does their own thing and the kingdom falls apart.
- Starring Lowell Sherman, Mary Astor, and Anthony Bushell.
- Based on the play, “The Queen’s Husband” by Robert Emmet Sherwood.
- Associate producer, Henry Hobart.
- Directed by, Lowell Sherman.
- Screenplay by, J. Walter Ruben.
- Copyright, RKO Radio Pictures, Inc.; Dec 25, 1930.
Per US Copyright records, The Royal Bed has an initial copyright date of December 25, 1930. According to copyright law at the time, the copyright holders would have had to renew the copyright 28 years later in 1958 to maintain their rights to it. The US Copyright Office, Catalog of Copyright Entries for Motion Pictures, 1950-1959, has no record for this film. Therefore I believe that this movie is in the public domain due to failure to file a formal renewal.
Additionally, Wikipedia.org has a page about The Royal Bed and confirms its public domain status.
While I'm fairly certain that this movie is in the public domain, in the event that I'm wrong, please contact me through this website and I will promptly respond.